Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bryce Canyon Half Marathon


Jeremy taking in the view!









We were too hot after the race to put our biker clothes on so we rode in our running clothes to breakfast. It just seemed a little odd.










The madness to find your time card at the end of the race.






The room, the bikes and me in the background.







Terry and Tiana Tidwell

















On July 18Th I ran the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon, it was a very fun race. It was mostly downhill which made it easy on the lungs but the legs sure did take a beating! I ran with a good friend Tiana. She is such a good runner I hope some day to be as fast as her. I kept up with her the first seven miles but just couldn't do it any longer than that, so I slowed down. I still ran my fastest race which I was very happy about. The race wasn't the only highlight of the trip. We rode the Harley's down and the ride was beautiful but not as beautiful as Bryce Canyon itself. We went to the National Park after the race and looked at what we could without having to hike. It was scorching hot and hiking in the desert just was not appealing that day. But the vistas were awesome. It was a great weekend with great friends and of course being able to spend some well needed time with my hubby was the best!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I'm impressed. You are amazing! Looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever "GREAT" friend you are a GREAT runner and no need to compare us we are both great so keep it up! I had a fun trip there and even better yet I think the guys enjoyed it as wel or least the ride there on the Bikes!! lets do it again next year for sure! Thanks for being such a good friend and its been nice to have you do some runs with me I really think we are good friends and every run with you gets better and funner! Thanks friend!!

    ReplyDelete